Treekin are mysterious beings bound to the woods and forests of Warj'Arune, in a way that no other creature can understand. They claim to actually be the offspring of the trees and some other, greater Power. A Treekin looks humanoid in form, but their skin is always the rough bark of the tree that sprouted them. Of the many races present on Warj'Arune, only the Aasimar are more opposed to Evil than the Treekin.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Treekin have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Treekin base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to sleep spells and similar magical effects, and a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells or effects.
- Low-Light Vision: A Treekin can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Not Naturally Social: Treekin suffer a -2 Charisma penalty.
- +1 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks.
- +4 racial bonus on checks to resist Bull Rush, Trip, Trample, Overrun, and other strength based checks that involve knocking them down or forcing them to move.
- Plant Subtype
- Special Abilities: 1/week Arboreal Growth, at will Take Root, at will Return To Growth, 1/day Mass Return To Growth (gained at 6th level), 1/day War Form of the Forest Elder (gained at 12th level).
- Special Qualities: Trackless Step, Resist Poison, Immunity: Entangle effects, Barkskin (an extraordinary ability, as the spell, always on), Regeneration (1 HP / 2 rounds).
- Arcane Inept: Treekin cannot cast arcane spells at all, ever.
- Fire Vulnerability: Treekin take double damage from fire.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass Treekin takes an experience point penalty, her highest-level class does not count.
Effective Character Level (ECL) Modifier +2.
Note that all Treekin MAY NOT begin play with an Evil alignment. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS. If you wish to play a Treekin with an Evil alignment, start as Neutral or Good, and then roleplay it out with some DMs. Expect it to be a long and arduous task.