submitted by John
Investigating the Ravannese Tent
- As Ug, Derek, Vivianne, Fujin, his master, and 2 dwarves create a diversion and investigate one of the smaller magical tents; the rest of the party proceeds to investigate the other smaller magical tent
- Upon entering the tent and climbing out of the bag of holding the party discovers a massacre has occurred
- Among the bodies are captives chained to a stone structure
- Elik guards the entrance
- Alexander investigates the captive not chained to the stone
- Threz investigates the Ravannese corpses
- Kaemon investigates the slave corpses attached to the stone
- Jack loots the Drow corpses
- The party learns that all the bodies were killed by the same weapon and that the Ravannese and Drow were caught off guard
- The captives are all Rifters and the one not chained to the stone was their chieftain
- Kaemon reveals that the Ravannese are using Rifters as a tool to teleport their army over vast distances accurate via the Rifter’s innate ability
- Upon this revelation Kaemon swears a blood revenge oath on all Ravannese and Drow
- The one responsible for the massacre reveals himself, says that his name is "Fargoth" though that's obviously a lie, and tells the party how to destroy the control stone. He says something about "The Prophecy". He also tells them that the other two parts of the teleportation are in their respective tents. He also tells the party that the other half of their group at the other tent needs their help.
- Threz charges the stone with his long spear, cracking the stone and shattering he spear
- The party quickly flees as the stone explodes obliterating the immediate area around the stone and catching the attention of Ravannese soldiers near the area
- The party quickly heads to the other tent to rush to the aid of their compatriots
- Illiana arrives at the tent first finding the group surrounded by the Ravannese and Drow guards.
- The group has formed a defense perimeter around an elf strapped to a stone chair and there are two slaves chained in the far corner of the tent
- Illiana tries to lend her assistance and free the slaves only to be severely wounded and rendered unconscious
- Pooki arrives next and is consumed by anger after seeing Illiana wounded and unconscious
- Pooki rampages his way to Illiana and protects her
- Threz and Kaemon arrive soon after and engage the Ravannese and Drow guards
- A Drow priestess appears but is engaged by Fujin’s master
- Elik and Alexander attempt to slow down the pursuing Ravannese troops as they reach the second tent
- The party defeats the guards an priestess but lose one of the dwarves
- The two slaves are Rifters from the same tribe as those that perished in the first tent
- Kaemon informs the two Rifters of the unfortunate events that occurred and the revenge blood oath he has taken
- The party learns that the stone chair the elf was strapped to is the power source, while the Rifter captives were strapped to the control device of the teleportation artifact the Ravannese have been using
- In the process of trying to destroy the stone chair Jack is controlled by the dead priestess’ weapon
- Both the weapon and the throne are destroyed after some difficulty
- As the stone chair explodes the remainder of the party escapes out the rear of the tent
- The party makes their way to the main command tent amongst the confusion created by the two explosions, and through the multiple siege weapons
- Illiana uses one of the siege weapons to assault the command tent
- Kaemon feels that they are being followed but cannot locate the stalker
- On the way to the command tent the party tries to figure out how they will destroy the final artifact
- Ug and Fujin’s master approach from the south east corner of the tent, Jack and Fujin approach from the main entrance, while the remainder of the group make there way through the north east corner of the tent
- The command tent that contains the artifact is composed of tents with in tents
- Upon entering the inner most tent the party stumbles upon a necromancer, two knights from the Order of the Fallen, an assassin, a Drow high priestess, minotaur, and the man who slaughtered everyone in the first tent
- The man and the high priestess are arguing and man points out party as they enter the tent, calling them "The Heroes of the Prophecy"
- The two knights of the Order of the Fallen engage the majority of the party, Jack takes on the necromancer, Ug charges the assassin and Fujin and his master engage the minotaur, the man attacks the high priestess, and the minotaur is surprised by a gleeful halfling.
- Ug manages to body slam the assassin into the teleportation device and send him to a different plane
- As the battle progresses the priestess is slain by the man, the last dwarf dies, the minotaur is being eaten alive, and Fujin’s master continues to stun the minotaur
- The shadow being encountered at Brightstone appears and kills Fujin’s master with an epic Ku'Lin technique.
- The shadow being and the man are obviously not friends, and the shadow being enages him.
- The battle begins to near its end as the necromancer falls to multiple opponents.
- The man strikes the teleportation artifact and the entire area is engulfed with a fog
- The fog creates spatial distortions causing everyone to drift further and further away from each other, though those in melee range keep fighting
- The minotaur and two knights of the Order of the Fallen run off away from the party & its allies.
- Elik drops his staff and becomes lost in the fog
- Being separated from Illiana, Pooki runs off in search of her
- Alexander witnesses his cohort scrying on the party and also becomes enveloped in the mist
- Everything becomes dark and the party slips into unconsciousness
- Alexander - finds Selene lying on the “ground”, with Elik’s staff beside her. The wizard himself is nowhere to be seen. Selene is unconscious. After this he sees only mists, but hears his father’s voice in the distance; Then the sounds of battle nearby, from the Ravannese front; A salute to him shouted by hundreds or thousands of voices; the howling of several wolves sends chills up his spine; the growling and then roaring of a dire bear. A woman’s voice, compassionate yet oozing power, speaks to him… "Your voice shall be my agent of completion, your deeds shall set loose the inevitable. Take heart, and cast aside fear, Alexander son of Lutharo, even in the face of the direst of foes, for here in the seat of darkness shall you be tempered and sharpened for the fight to come."
- Bonus Destiny Feat: Chosen Diplomat = +4 to Leadership score, and all diplomacy & sense motive checks. Immunity to Fear.
- Jack The Kami (Kundir) - [[insert statue & ordyl vision - UNDER CONSTRUCTION]]
- Bonus Destiny Feat: Rightful Heir = +4 on Diplomacy & Sense motive checks with your race, as well as members of Nobility of other races. +4 luck bonus on saves vs. Death. +1 Luck bonus to all other saving throws. Automatically stabilize 1/day.
- Ug - finds himself sitting on a mountaintop. Above him a great cloud swirls, with thunder in inside. Below him the mountain occasionally trembles, and there are quasi-faces in the rock. Seated cross-legged before him, an middle-aged man with calm but piercing eyes, that he does not recognize. When he asks the man’s name, the man simply smiles and says “Someone who, long ago, walked down the path you’re now on.” He then speaks of “The Way, and The Enemy. The Enemy’s weapon is deception and division. A house divided and deceived is vulnerable to The Enemy’s predations. The Way is of all things, harmonious, without discord. Power is in The Way. Now is the Time Of The Way, as it was prophecied by the King Of Men. Do not fall prey to The Enemy’s deception, or your own blind judgements, or all is lost.” The old man teaches Ug a lost knowledge and technique, how Ki and Life energy are transferable Ug sees Fu’jin down the mountain a little ways, looking around lost. When he turns back around, the man is gone.
- Bonus Destiny Feat: Ancient Ki Wisdom = +4 on Diplomacy & Sense Motive checks with anyone who has Monk levels, improves to +6 with practitioners of Ku’Lin. Can spend up to 1 use of Stunning fist / level as an Immediate action to cure self of 1d4+WIS HP damage, or 1 ability damage, per Stunning Fist used. Can spend double this amount as a Standard Action to use this ability on someone else you touch. You can also burn up to 1 Hit die / level as a Swift Action to gain one extra use of stunning fist per Hit die burned, once / day, though this use of the ability can only be done on yourself.)
- Kaemon - vision of his old mentor leaning over him, waking him up. Kaemon finds himself in a desert, sees then a man walking down a dusty road with a quarterstaff, singing. The man smiles at Kaemon, and points to the northeast – Kaemon’s vision moves like scrying, accelerates to the Great Rift which he sees opening like a book with pages: the battle of Aurak and Duncan, Tanar’ri, the Last stand, his vision zooms out to other images from history, then to images of objects all round him opening like pages of a book if he looks at them…
- Bonus Destiny Feat: Oracle Of Ages = Touch an object or corpse and focus for 1 Full Round, and you can see details about its history, how it died / was made, name of who last touched it, etc. Can focus for an additional Full Round to get image of who last touched it, and minor info of how it happened (+4 to Track them). (mechanics similar to bardic knowledge, you’re not sure what its limits are)
- Threz - vision of Kord, Beljymor fighting Vorfrostyr The White, Beljymor fighting Shalek The Demon General, Beljymor’s son Gurrhal headed south into the Forest of the Moon & becoming a werebear, the barbarians in the northlands, Ravanesse occupation, him overthrowing it with a horde of barbarians behind him, slaves rebelling against the whips of their masters…
- Bonus Destiny Feat: Freedom Fighter = +4 on Diplomacy & Sense Motive checks with slaves, rebels, revolutionaries, and similarly oppressed factions, as well as on saves vs. Compulsion. Favored Enemy: Tyrants – similar to paragon ranger ability (+3), defined as anyone with a Lawful Evil alignment)
- Vivianne - vision from Heironeous…
- Bonus Destiny Feat: Inspire Heroism = +1 Morale bonus to attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks and Will saves, to all allies who are directly aware of your presence (see you, hear you, or otherwise know you’re there.) Physical contact with you grants a second save vs. Fear effects.
- The party awakens in a room marked by a red glowing pentagram
- Only Jack, Ug, Threz, Kaemon, Vivianne, Alexander, and a young women with Elik’s staff are present
- She introduces herself as Selene, however as she has Elik’s staff, but he is unaccounted for the party is initially skeptical to her story
- Alexander vouches for her and tries to dismiss any doubt
- The party tries to figure out how to get out and how to get back home after Kaemon tells the group they are not in Kansas any more
- Kaemon bring up the topic of the dream he had and the party shares that they each had unique dreams
- The party is able to unlock the door from the pentagram room and explore their surroundings
- The party discovers two doors and decide to open the one they found first and discover stairs going up
- Jack finds that the stairs are booby trapped and that the stairs turn into a slick ramp when the trap is triggered then resets
- It takes several attempts for Jack before he is able to bypass and disable the trap
- Kaemon who has taken up the rear guard warns the party of zombies approaching
- The party is able to easily dispatch the humanoid and ogre zombies
- The party investigates the other door that they did not open, only to find it open and stairs leading down
- Upon reaching the bottom of the party finds a stone coffin that opens up and a vampire rises from it
- The party is able to destroy the physical form of the vampire and with the combined force of Alexander and Vivianne they are able to trap the vampire’s ether form
- As the party waits for the vampire to expire Kaemon figures out that they are in the pocket plane of Ortimus
- Vivianne and Kaemon share what they know about Ortimus and its relation to the other planes
- Vivianne explains that she is searching for prominent knights of the last stand, in particular one that has been to Ortimus, returned to the Prime Material, and then returned to Ortimus
- Kaemon reveals his new found ability of object reading to the party and learns as much as he can about the vampire and hopefully the immediate area they are in
- The party decides to move on and leave this tomb trying to find a safe haven
- The party enters a room filled with paintings and have determined that the people in the portraits are all now vampires
- The group reaches the surface and find themselves in a cemetery with several mausoleums, which they suspect contain the other vampires as seen in the paintings earlier
- The corpses of both Sartii and Ravannese soldiers are strewn about with signs of combat against each other and against the undead
- From the information gathered it is determined that the soldiers did not arrive in Ortimus all at the same time
- Reaching the gate of the cemetery multiple tracks are seen entering the woods going in several directions
- Two sets of tracks of note is one leading north made by mounted soldiers, possibly officers, and another set made by a wizard and a guardian heading south west
- The party decides to head south west in search of the guardian and wizard knowing for certain that at least they are Sartii tracks
- The tracks lead to a scene of a battle where the guardian and the wizard seem to have been attacked
- Alexander summons a griffin and Kaemon rides the magical beast to get a better view of the group’s surroundings and figure out where the wizard and guardian were headed
- Lights from what appears to be a town can be seen off in the distance in the south west and can be assumed the wizard and guardian were heading there
- When Kaemon lands and off in the distance howls can be heard and the party can only guess that it is one of the vampires seeking revenge on the party for killing the vampire from earlier
- As the party flees towards the light the sounds of rushing water can be heard
- When they reach the river they are confronted by a vampire and his two pet dire wolves
- The party attempts to run past and jump across the river
- Vivianne on her mount, with Alexander riding with her, fails to clear the jump as they are struck by the vampire and soft ground of the river side collapses underneath them
- Jack, Kaemon, and Selene are able to jump across safely
- Ug and Threz are able to make it across the river as well
- While Jack and Selene provide cover for the group, Ug, Threz, and Kaemon work to get Alexander and Vivianne out of the river before they are swept away
- With everyone now safely out of the river the group flees the scene towards the town leaving the vampire and his dire wolves stuck on the other side to deal with the giant squid Alexander summoned to hinder their pursuit