In Warj'Arune, most Monks are member of one of the two warring schools:
The Wind & Storm School: Monks of this school use the standard rules listed for monks in the d20 SRD, for level progression, class abilities, etc, with the following exceptions:
- At 1st level, Wind & Storm monks gain a Special Ability: Leap Of The Clouds (Your High Jump check DCs are only 3 times the distance to be cleared, and your Long Jump check DCs are all 5 less than normal. You only need a 10' running start to make jumps at no penalty, and the DCs are only multiplied by 1.5 if you don't have a running start. You ignore the first 10 feet of falling damage.)
- At 8th level, Wind & Storm monks gain a Slow Fall Enhancement : You do not need to be adjacent to a wall to use Slow Fall, you can be up to 5 feet beyond the reach of whatever weapon you're holding (or your normal reach if unarmed). You also now ignore the first 20 feet of falling damage.)
*Special Requirement: Wind & Storm monks must meditate much in the way that a Cleric prays for spells, each day. Failure to do so will result in them losing access to any Wind & Storm Ki Paths, any Single-Class Paragon bonuses that require Ki to activate, and the enhancement they gain to Slow Fall.
The Earth & Stone School: Monks of this school use the standard rules listed for monks in the d20 SRD, for level progression, class abilities, etc, with the following exceptions:
- At 1st level, Earth & Stone monks do not gain Flurry Of Blows. Instead it is replaced with a Special Ability: Mountain Strike (As a Full Attack Action, make 1 attack with an Unarmed Strike or special monk weapon, using your highest Base Attack Bonus but taking a -2 penalty on this attack roll. If the attack hits, it deals double damage (as does any other attack you make before the start of your next turn). If you use this strike to deliver a Stunning Attack, increase the Save DC to resist the Stun by 2. This is an Extraordinary ability. At 5th level, the penalty on the attack roll lessens to -1, and at 9th level it disappears. At 11th level you can make 2 of these attacks when you use this ability, and both attacks use your highest Base Attack Bonus.)
- At 1st level, Earth & Stone monks gain a Special Ability: Mountain Strike Stance (You can Ready An Action to use your Mountain Strike ability against a Charge by getting into a Mountain Strike Stance, in similar fashion to setting a spear or trident against a Charge. This increases your damage from double to triple, and raises the Stunning Attack DC bonus to +3. If you are 11th level or higher and you use this stance, you do not gain the 2nd Mountain Strike attack for the round as normal; instead you gain an additional +2 to hit your Charging target, +1 to the Critical Threat Range of your attack, and raise the Stunning Attack DC bonus to +4 as you strike the oncoming target with both fists.)
- At 8th level, Earth & Stone monks gain a Purity Of Body Enhancement: They are immune to Supernatural and magical diseases.
*Special Requirement: Earth & Stone monks must meditate much in the way that a Cleric prays for spells, each day. Failure to do so will result in them losing access to any Earth & Stone Ki Paths, any Single-Class Paragon bonuses that require Ki to activate, and the enhancement they gain to Purity of Body.
Ronin Monks: They use the normal progression in the d20 SRD, with no special benefits, restrictions or penalties.
Monks in Warj'Arune can learn various Ki Paths, if they meet the feat prerequisites. Generally, a Ki Path power is activated by spending a use of Stunning Fist.
Click on this link for a listing of the various Monk Ki Paths.